A Comprehensive List of Published Works to Date.
- Dreams of the Compass Rose (“collage” novel), Wildside Press, May 2002. Nebula Award Preliminary Ballot 2002 nominee.
- Lords of Rainbow, or, The Book of Fulfillment, Betancourt & Company, an imprint of Wildside Press, March 2003.
- Mansfield Park and Mummies: Monster Mayhem, Matrimony, Ancient Curses, True Love, and Other Dire Delights, Curiosities, an imprint of Norilana Books, November 2009.
- Pride and Platypus: Mr. Darcy’s Dreadful Secret, Curiosities, an imprint of Norilana Books, June 2012.
- Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, Book One), Leda, an imprint of Norilana Books, July 15, 2013.
- Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, Book Two), Leda, an imprint of Norilana Books, September 25, 2013.
- Cobweb Forest (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, Book Three), Leda, an imprint of Norilana Books, December 31, 2013.
- Qualify (The Atlantis Grail, Book One), Norilana Books, December 20, 2014.
- Compete (The Atlantis Grail, Book Two), Norilana Books, August 15, 2015.
- The Clock King and the Queen of the Hourglass, PS Publishing, UK, October 2005, with an introduction by Charles de Lint, on the Locus Recommended Reading List 2005.
- Salt of the Air, Prime Books, September 2006, with an introduction by Gene Wolfe. Debut collection of author’s fantasy short fiction, spanning 20 years of her career, including works from 1985 to 2005. Expanded and reissued definitive edition, Norilana Books, April 2009.
Miscellaneous in Book Form:
- Mayhem at Grant-Williams High (two-novella omnibus), YA Angst (an imprint of Norilana Books), January 19, 2011.
- The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration, Spirit, an imprint of Norilana Books, October 2010.
- Vampires are from Venus, Werewolves are from Mars: A Comprehensive Guide to Attracting Supernatural Love, Curiosities, an imprint of Norilana Books, December 2012.
- “Streets Running Like a River,” Night’s Nieces: The Legacy of Tanith Lee, edited by Storm Constantine, December 11, 2015.
- “Zandru’s Gift,” Stars of Darkover, edited by Deborah J. Ross and Elisabeth Waters, June 3, 2014.
- “Danila’s Song,” Music of Darkover, edited by Elisabeth Waters, June 3, 2013 (reprint).
- “The Slaying of Winter,” a reprint in four parts, Polu Texni, October 2008, edited by Dawn Albright.
- “The Story of Love,” Best New Romantic Fantasy #2, June 2007, edited by Paula Guran, Juno Books, June 2007. Nebula Award 2007 Finalist.
- “Three Names of the Hidden God,” Heroes In Training, edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Jim C. Hines, DAW Books, September 2007
- “The Ballad of Universal Jack,” New Writings in the Fantastic, edited by John Grant, Pendragon Press, September 2007.
- “Port Custodial Blues,” Helix #2, October 2006, edited by William Sanders and Lawrence Watt-Evans. The short story was a WSFA Small Press Award 2007 Finalist.
- “Mount Dragon,” Khimaira #6, reprint translated into French, April/June 2006.
- “I Want To Paint The Sky,” Bli Panika, reprint translated into Hebrew, December 2005.
- “Mount Dragon,” audio podcast (EP flash) of story reprint at Escape Pod, October 31, 2005.
- “Old Farts,” original e-story at Amazon Shorts, October 25, 2005.
- “Demonkiller,” Sages and Swords: Razor-Edged Arcanum, Pitch-Black Books, Summer 2006, edited by Daniel E. Blackston.
- “The Slaying of Winter,” Lords of Swords, Pitch-Black Books, December 2004, edited by Daniel E. Blackston.
- “Halloween at Grant-Williams High,” Fictionwise.com, original novelette, July 2003.
- “The Young Woman in a House of Old,” Strange Pleasures #2, Prime Books, June 2003, edited by John Grant and Dave Hutchinson.
- “Hell Week at Grant-Williams High,” switch.blade: School’s Out, original fiction Fictionwise e-anthology edited by Amy Sterling Casil, September 2002.
- “Swans,” On Spec, “World Beat” Issue, Summer 2001, Volume 13, Number 2, #45.
- “A Time to Crawl,” Bookface.com, August 2000.
- “I Want to Paint the Sky,” Bookface.com, August 2000.
- “The Ice,” Colonies #3, Regent Publications, UK, August 2000.
- “Absolute Receptiveness, the Princess, and the Pea,” Bookface.com, July 2000.
- “A Thing of Love,” a reprint at Bookface.com, July 2000.
- “Lady of the Castle,” Bookface.com, July 2000.
- “Aliens in Wonderland,” Bookface.com, July 2000.
- “Beauty and His Beast,” Visionair SF, Issue #3, 1999. (reprint translated into Dutch).
- “Mount Dragon,” Talebones, Issue #14, January 1999.
- “Sailing the Eye of Sun,” Maelstrom SF, Issue #2, October, 1998.
- “The Stone Face, the Giant, and the Paradox,” Visionair SF, Summer 1998. (reprint translated into Dutch)
- “The Balance,” Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Fantasy Magazine, Issue 9, Summer 1990.
Essays, Articles, and Non-Fiction:
- “Publicity and Self-Promotion Nouveau: Doing It With Class,” article on publicity and self-promotion for writers, appearing in Speculations Issue Forty-Six, edited by Susan Fry, April 2002
- “Home Improvement in Magic Land,” pop culture essay appearing in the BenBella Books SmartPop Series anthology Totally Charmed: Demons, Whitelighters and the Power of Three based on the TV show Charmed, edited by Jennifer Crusie, November 2005.
- “Death’s Got Your Back — When Edward and the Big Bad Heavies Are on Your Team,” Ardeur: 14 Writers on the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series (Smart Pop series) edited by Laurell K. Hamilton, March 2, 2010.
- “A Kinder, Gentler Vampire,” A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger’s Guide (Smart Pop) edited by Leah Wilson, June 8, 2010.
- “You’re My Obsession,” A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries edited by Leah Wilson, Red And Vee of Vampire-Diaries.net, October 5, 2010.
- Chapter 13 of the infamous hoax novel Atlanta Nights by “Travis Tea,” Lulu.com, Embiid.com, January 2005.
- Two chapters in Pride & Prejudice: The Scenes Jane Austen Never Wrote, White Soup Press, January 1, 2014.